Hey, welcome to our Berlin based Team as
(Senior) Data Engineer (f/m/d)
Together with you, we want to make people's lives easier by developing meaningful banking solutions. We create user-centered designs, immersive experiences and intuitive products. In doing so, we follow the principles of design thinking and human-centered design.
As a (Senior) Data Engineer (f/m/d) you will be part of our creative and data hungry Neugelb team, where we exchange ideas on an interdisciplinary level, complement our skills and share experiences. In this way, each team member contributes to an atmosphere where we have fun, challenge ourselves, new ideas emerge and visions grow. With us, you have the opportunity to develop yourself in a variety of ways. Are you motivated to become part of Neugelb? Then don't hesitate, we want to get to know you. We strongly encourage female data engineers to enter the digital banking sector, we need more of your points of view.
What you can do for us
- You design, implement, and monitor stable, scalable, and automated data pipelines which directly impact the performance of our analytics stack.
- You are a key player in developing our data model further by working together with your team of data analysts and data scientists on turning event data into actionable insights. We use Firebase, Google Analytics and Snowplow but continuously look for ways and tools for optimizing our setup.
- You are responsible for efficiently running, monitoring, and further developing our DWH in a cloud environment with a focus on data quality. We are on GCP.
- Your knowledge of architecture and infrastructure for big data processing and analytics systems will significantly contribute to extend and fine-tune our analytics stack. We want to be prepared before e.g., the next change on data privacy laws is coming.
- You establish for and onboard on principles and best practices around data engineering your team of data analysts and data scientists.
- You are a proactive squad member working in projects and initiatives across different business domain areas within the context of mobile banking and digital services in fintech. We want to understand our customers and delivery value to them as fast and as reliable as we can.
- In addition, you are naturally open for collaboration and truly interested in a continuous exchange and networking with data analysts, data scientists, data engineers, developers, designers, QA-engineers and product owners from Neugelb and Commerzbank.
What you should bring to the table
- You have 4+ years of experience working as a data engineer or in an equivalent role.
- You have experience building big data pipelines (preferred on a serverless setup) and feel comfortable with ETL principles and practices.
- You have experience in architecture and infrastructure topics for analytic stacks.
- You have 4+ years of experience writing well documented and scalable queries in SQL.
- You have 2+ years of experience with Big Query (or any equivalent Datawarehouse solution).
- You have experience working in a cloud environment (GCP, AWS, Azure, you name your cup of tee).
- You have experience with Python and Apache Airflow (or a similar tool).
- Ideally, you are familiar with Tableau (or other busines intelligence tools).
- Bonus point: You have incorporated software development principles and best practices in your mindset and ways of working.
- You are characterized by a structured way of working and do not lose track of several projects.
- You are able to communicate with your team in English, German is a plus.
What You Will Get On Top
Projects at eye level with our clientsAs part of our team you will live the digital transformation of the banking industry and play a key role in the implementation of real projects.
Your personal developmentYour professional development and personal development is important to us. Therefore we offer you your own budget for further education. We also have our own library that grows through the wishes of you and your colleagues. Which book has inspired you and your work the most? Let us know!
Neugelb office perksFree weekly Lunch with the whole team, regular office events inspired by you and your colleagues, larger off-site events several times a year and a great office with flair and a large kitchen.
Flexible working hours and working from homeFlexible working hours, working from home or the option of a sabbatical: Together with you, we will find a model that works for you in your everyday life.
Neugelb Starter KitYour own Neugelb Starter Kit includes an Apple MacBook Pro for an optimal connection to the team as well as access to all of the latest technologies needed to make you a success in your daily work, plus the time and space to learn and discover.
Professional exchange within the teamIn our Design Share Sessions, DEV Exchange or PM Workshops, the team at both locations is looking forward to exchanging ideas with you on exciting new topics to take our work to the next level.
Co-designing a companyBeing a young company, we give you the opportunity to contribute your own ideas and to participate in the development of your own fin-tech product.
You like the Neugelb mindset and want to be part of our team?
Then we should get to know each other soon. We are interested in your professional focus and are curious about the projects you have worked on so far. Send us your CV, write a few words about you and your career and give us the opportunity to have a look at your work.
I am NeugelbFrom 0 to 1
Stefan, Web Development
Something went wrong. Please try again.